Full Resume | https://www.linkedin.com/in/samkalensky/
Available for Commission/Hire! | For freelance work, My Price ranges between $45-$200/hour depending on your project.
I am also interested in full time opportunities in game design, animation or comics.
• Email: | For a project quote, please contact: email@example.com
• Support my artwork | https://patreon.com/SamKalensky
• Performs freelance and commission work: artwork, designs, graphics and animation.
• Demonstrates great interpersonal communication skills, along with consistency, reliability and a stellar work ethic. Works well with others on a team and is self driven when solo.
• Strong comic arts, character design, and promotional art background; regularly takes on commissions to design event merchandise - Specializes in the following areas: Logo design, Character Art, Illustrations for Pins, Prints, Stickers, T-shirts among other apparel or promo Designs.
• Extensive experience in character design and illustration, able to quickly conceptualize & draft scenes as well as design unique, quirky characters, silhouettes & model sheets from scratch and on the fly.
• Extensive experience using industry standard digital art & animation programs (both 2D & 3D) such as the Adobe CC Suite: Photoshop, Animate, InDesign, Illustrator. As well as Toon Boom and Storyboard Pro. Blender and some Maya. - Uses Adobe Animate/Flash on an especially constant basis.
• Experience Modelling characters, props and scenes in 3D, using Blender. Optimized for animated use in Unity games and for use with 3d Printing.
• Experience Designing/Modelling characters & props for 2D cut out animation, as well as rigging characters for use in both Animate and Toonboom Harmony.
• Experience creating quick thumbnails for comics, storyboards for animation.
• Passionate about traditional mediums & experienced in frame by frame techniques as well.
Faerie Fire, a 5e supplemental: "A stylish, glamorous fey bestiary and setting inspired by the 80s and 90s, for use with 5e tabletop campaigns."
- Sams artistic contribution was a Kickstarter Stretch Goal at $48,000!
- Designed a Grasshopper Folk, known as the "Springenfolk"
- Provided character concept art, as well as the final illustration for the printed book.
• Applied colours (Characters, Props & Background art) using Adobe Flash, Clip Studio Pro and photoshop to digital pages as part of a weekly long form comic project.
• Created a Rough Animatic/Storyboards using Animate / Storyboard pro for Music Video featuring the cast of the comic.
• Drafted, conceptualized, and manufactured promotional flyers in addition to wearable pins featuring the main characters; Filore, Iko, Myrina and The Intensivist.
• Provided design critique and insights to the character designers for some minor characters.
• Provided strategic consulting, sales strategies related to designs of the characters.
Character Design by Sam Kalensky for LINE stickers!
• Drafted & conceptualized a variety of Character Designs based off the creators prompts; in this case “A playful Shiba Inu with a simple design.” came up with 3 different designs with 3 interpretations of emotions, and then asked for feedback, went through revisions.
• Designed/drafted 18 Emotions for their Selected character, based off of the descriptions they asked for: “Happy. Sad. Shiba in cup noodles” etc, refined & illustrated those, in the end 16 where picked.
• Relayed the designs to the creators on a weekly basis, and made sure the project stayed on track.
• Illustrated polished final drafts for online use/sale.
• (Sticker set Series 2 and Animated emotes are In the works!)